Careers & Internships
Case Manager/ Victim Support Coordinator
Reports to: Executive Director
Mary Abbott Children’s House is looking for a qualified candidate to fill the job opening of Case Manager/ Victim Support Coordinator. This full time position has a dual role of providing long term case management and victim support to children and their non-offending caregiver. This candidate must have a Bachelor’s degree in the social services field, with at least 3 years related experience, providing case management and victim advocacy.
Tasks and Responsibilities of Case Manager/ Victim Support Coordinator include, but not limited to:
· Facilitate conversations with parents/caregivers when they arrive, to ease their concerns; Children perceiving their parents/caregivers at ease will be better prepared for their own interviews.
· Phone caregivers a day or two before the interview to confirm the appointment, offer directions and answer questions.
· Orient families to the process and the facility upon their arrival.
· Provide support to non-offending caregivers at the time of the forensic interview. Provide information regarding investigative and interview procedures at Mary Abbott Children’s House and community services available to parents/caregivers. Explain the court process if applicable.
· Attend staffing for cases to gather information about the referral needs of each client and family.
· Conduct a mental health screening with the non-offending caregiver. Provide information regarding mental health services for both the victim and non-offending caregivers, stressing the importance of treatment in recovery from trauma.
· Meet for referral consultation with all families and assess their needs based on mental health screening and information given by the family. Assist them in locating referral services for counseling, medical care, and basic needs—coordinating with appropriate individuals and agencies to ensure that needed services are obtained.
· Provide case management services to identified clients: liaison with investigative team members, networking and linking with other social service agencies that provide the needed services.
· Follow up by phone with each family receiving services at Abbott House to assess the family’s well-being and to offer resources as needed within ten working days of date of the interview.
· Enter case information into NCATrak within ten days of each child’s interview.
· Assist with database of referral sources for children and families that is county specific and compile statistics from database for reporting purposes.
· Attend monthly case reviews and support MDT team.
· Assist with training and scheduling of volunteers and interns.
· Handle confidential information with tact, discretion, and in compliance with job requirements
· Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops and reviewing professional publications.
· Collect client data and keep track monthly of client information for grant purposes.
· Facilitate internship program.
· Facilitate volunteer program.
· Be knowledgeable with our Safety in Action Program and present training, as needed.
· All other duties assigned by the Executive Director.
Mary Abbott Children’s House, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, age, disability, political affiliation, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law in any of its policies, practices, or procedures.
To apply for this position, please submit a resume, cover letter and three references to firstname.lastname@example.org.